31 Days of Yes

via


Note: All posts from 31 Days of Yes are the bottom of this post.

Every October, The Nester hosts a blog event called 31 Days {of change}.  Basically it means a bunch of us are going to be on the internet even more than usual.  For 31 days, you write on the same topic, any topic at all, and hopefully go into it on a deeper level.  Here's The Nester's words:
What’s 31 Days? Basically anyone can join in, just pick a topic and write about it every day for the month of October–we all come here and link up on October 1st.  Think short posts with one point made each day.
There are over 1000 blogs officially participating.




1000!!!  WOW.  There is usually some fantastic reading material to be found during this October event.  Instead of just ordering take-out and hunkering down to read other people's thoughts for a month, I decided to give it a try myself.  Because, you know, consistency has really been my thing here on this blog, so posting every day should be breeze. . .or you get to watch me crash and burn.  Either way, should be entertaining for someone.

My 31 Days' topic is Yes.  This year has been all about being brave for me: taking on things that haven't been my habit - that for which I have had opposing habits - and doing things I'd really rather not because they are good for me.  Like running. So for 31 days, I'll focus this in and make a conscious choice to do something I normally wouldn't.  Because when you get down to it, the only way we actually improve and change our lives is to change what we actually do.  And I will tell you about it.  Lucky you.  *grin*  Hopefully none of these posts will include the phrase "entire bottle of wine" or "grocery shopping at the 711."  Honestly though, I am sharing this because I hope it will hold me accountable, and it will be amusing/encouraging to you.  No big huge things here, just little steps each day, so that at the end of each day, my life is a little bit closer to the dream I seek.

Here's my jumpstart: YES to a challenge to write every.day. for 31 days!

Find the other posts in this series below:

Day One: Chocolate and a Game
Day Two: Early Morning Snuggles
Day Three: A No that is Actually a Yes
Day Four: Laundry?  Bring it on
Day Five: Imperfection
Days Six and Seven: Friendship
Day Eight: Shamelessly Sponging Ideas
Day Nine: Hope
Day Ten: Silence
Day Eleven: Purging
Day Twelve: Rain
Day Thirteen: Change of Plans
Day Fourteen: Sabbath Rest
Day Fifteen: Asking for Help
Day Sixteen: Initiating Community
Day Seventeen: Exercise
Day Eighteen: Healthy Food
Day Nineteen: Reading
Day Twenty: Amazement
Day Twenty-One: Blessing
Day Twenty-Two: Gratitude
Day Twenty-Three: The Undone

Day Twenty-Eight: Listening to Music
Day Twenty-Nine: Making Music
Day Thirty: Angry Birds
Day Thirty-One: Just Smile

Comments

Popular Posts