Toddlers are unreasonable

I know, I know!  I'm as shocked as you are.

Wyatt is crawling around in a plastic tub and pulling the lid on top (the kind of tub that has that lovely sticker of a kid crawling around in a plastic tub and pulling the lid on top and a big red line through it saying NONONO.)

Me: Wyatt, you can crawl in there, but you can't pull the lid on.  It's not safe.

Wyatt:  Noooooo!  No, I don't want to crawl!  No crawl!

Me: Okaaaaay.  You can sit, that's fine, I just don't want you to pull the. . .

Wyatt (even more upset): No, I crawl, I'm not sitting.  I want to crawl!

Me:  Okay fine, but. . .

Wyatt: (incomprehensible yelling including the words crawl and sit)
(Note: brilliant parenting below)
Me (taking lid and throwing it in the garage): Whatever!


Later. . .

Me: Would you like some milk?

Wyatt (totally pissed): Milk?  Milk??!  I no want milk!

Me: Okay, I'll put it away.

Wyatt (crying frantically):  Milk!  I want milk  Milk!

Then I throw the jug at his feet and milk explodes satisfactorily all over him.  Okay, not really, but the thought crossed my mind.

Comments

Popular Posts