Nutri-Grain Bars and Frozen Puke

Pregnancy is a tough thing for me.  I love getting big and round and not having to suck my stomach in, but the first part, by which I mean the first HALF, is kind of horrific.  Oh, did I tell you?  I'm pregnant!  Baby number 3 is due at the end of June.  Which brings me back to my point: I have been sick for several months, and thusly rendered mostly incapable of maintaining a blog about anything other than the many things that make me ill.  I can tell I'm starting to feel better though because, all of the sudden, I'm having trouble curbing my internet time again.  Hooray!  And other bloggers are obliging by doing these year end round ups of all their favorite things.  Links upon links to go get lost in!  Merry Christmas to me!

Oh, the Nutri-Grain bars?  Our little family had the pleasure of going to visit my parents over Christmas and getting to see my siblings and their families, and all my extended family too.  Big weekend of socializing.  I was pretty worn out as we began our drive home, and started feeling really sick.  I have some wonderful medicine this time around, and I took it, but still felt terribly nauseous.  So we stopped at a little market to see if I could find something to settle my stomach, and I came out with Chex Mix (a winner in the past!) a Snickers bar, and a box of Nutri-Grain bars.  Turns out that none of those things were very interesting, but I realized right away that the cereal bars were the worst.  Once back in my seat, I could not even touch the box; they seemed that gross to me.

Unfortunately, our kids were not travelling well at all (shocker), and I thought if I could give them a snack they would be happier (and I would be less likely to leave them on the side of the road).  I got each child a Nutri-Grain bar, and made it safely through unwrapping and distributing the disgusting things.  But then Ava dropped hers into the depths of the car, and I didn't have too much choice but to get her another.  That third bar was the end.  This was the first time my clinical-strength medicine has failed me so spectacularly.


We happened to be at a part of the road that was narrowed by snow, and rather icy, with cars in front and behind.  Grant was saying, "You know I can't stop!" as he kindly rolled down the window for me.  During all the months of my pregnancies, I have thrown up in more locations than many would think possible, but out the window of a moving car while being snowed on. . .that's a new one.  I heard Grant say, "well, this is a new experience," at the same time as Ava asked, "why are you looking at the ground?" You can imagine what the side of the car looked like when we got home.  I actually felt much better after all that, and found myself subject to random spurts of hysterical laughter for the remainder of the drive.

All that to say, I have been stuck on the couch, I am starting to feel better, and I should be able to fire up this blog again with more drivel for you to roll your eyes at.  Happy New Year?

Comments

  1. Now that is new one! Poor thing! Hope your feeling better...note to self...do not buy nutri grain bars for Danielle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts