Going to the Astronaut



warm weather digging.  nothing better for a little kid.


Last Wednesday I said to the kids, "Load up, we're going to a Mexican restaurant."  You would not believe the excitement that followed.



Ava: "Oh!  I need to go change!!"
Wyatt: "Astronaut, Charlotte!  We're going to the astronaut!"
He stops short and whips his head around to me.  "Are we going to eat there?"

A few minutes later, Ava came down looking like this.  She was wearing make up!  I had a hard time figuring out the best way to say, "No! No makeup until you are 21!"



Charlotte didn't say much, but I could tell she was pretty excited by the way she was gnawing on Ava's hairbrush.


Once we were at said astronaut, Ava kept remarking over the French music, and the French paintings on the walls, and wondering how she would like French food.  We had a hard time convincing her we were not, in fact, in a French restaurant.  And then she had a moment of panic when she overheard the waiter speaking in Spanish (to someone else) because she wasn't sure how we would order our food.

We do sometimes go out to restaurants, but apparently it's pretty rare for the kids.  It all went quite well, although I did accidentally give the baby a jalapeno.  She tried very hard to crawl away from the taste, but succeeded only in getting beans and bits of rice all over me.

A lovely glimpse into our lives.  You're welcome.  :)

Comments

  1. Friend - you need to write a book! I love your witty writing and every post I find myself either laughing or smiling! :o) I can't wait to meet your kiddos! Miss Ava is just hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts