Sunday Morning Musings: Never Alone

Huh.  I have been sitting here at my computer for a while now, trying to write something profound, or at least to explain a nearly 2 week silence on my blog.  In the internet world, that's what, like a year?  But nothing seems appropriate to put out there.




So I'll just say this: it has been a hard two weeks for me, with a more-full-than-usual schedule and my postpartum depression rearing it's ugly head again.  My tendency is to pretend everything is fine and then retreat, but this time I was able to be very real with the people closest to me, and the outpouring of love and reassurance was so encouraging.  So I write today to remind you to be open and real with the safe people in your life.  They want to help you, to be there for you.


And even if you cannot find those safe people, you are never alone.  Even in the dead of the night, when there seems to be no one to call and the weight of everything presses down on you until you think you might never take a joyful step again.  Even in the bleak light of morning when your head swims and the day looms insurmountable.  You have a Father just waiting to put his arms around you, if only you would trust and lean.



I cried out with no reply

And I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I'm never alone

And though I cannot see You
And I can't explain why
Such a deep, deep reassurance
You've placed in my life

We cannot separate
'Cause You're part of me
And though You're invisible
I'll trust the unseen

I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I'm never alone







Comments

Popular Posts