Some Great Parenting Advice

Found this quote over at Motherhood Out Loud, where I was wandering around instead of putting my sick self to bed early.  Oh well!  I think this time my internet surfing was worth it.  Paula shares this advice that her dad gave her before her first child was born:


Dad’s advice was this: Go in and look at your child as they sleep each night. No matter what kind of day you’ve had, they’ll be so peaceful and sweet that it will remind you what a blessing they really are.




And you know what? He was right. I have made a nightly habit now of peeking in on my sleeping children before I myself drift off to dream land. It takes less than a minute, but it is one of the best parts of my day. No matter how stressful or hectic the last 12 hours have been, in that moment all is right with the world and my children are the most beautiful things on the planet. And I’m reminded what a blessing they truly are.


Comments

Popular Posts